some bags just do not want to be made??
The bag order i am currently working on should have been straight forward and simple. Let me tell you, if it could have gone wrong it has gone wrong. Primarily because i just went sailing through with it and actually ended up sewing the bag to the lining before i had attached the clsoure tab and handle tabs. SO lots of unpicking there. Then, the handle hoops didnt work too well so i am still working on an aesthetic solution for that.
The fabric is a beautiful canvas but as such is really tricky to work with as it is so thick. I should have used the lining fabric for the handle hooks but decided to perservere.
Then when top stiching the outside it wasnt until i had finished that i realised not only how uneven it was but that the needle needed changing – so more unpicking.
Attaching the bamboo handles was another nightmare as i couldnt find handle hooks. I looked high and low, sent an email to Lisa, panicked, panicked some more and then realised they were attached to the handle in the first place. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Thankfully, the turn and lock fastener worked because if that had gone wrong it would have been starting from scratch.
it does look phenomenal though and once i have finished the last couple of bits, i will post photos.
The fabric was “interesting” to work with but because of the thickness of it the bag has a fantastic shape even though the only interlining is sew-in.
I hope you are having better sewing experiences.
Photos tomorrow i promise.
Filed under: Uncategorized |